i am grateful for:
1) the way the skyline gets all glowy and peachy right about now. then blue and pink. then eventually, it flips and the lights come from the buildings–urban stars.
2) working hard
3) homemade popcorn with olive oil and garlic powder and salt
4) this super-awesome recipe for salt and vinegar potatoes. it’s intense, but if you like s-and-v, you’ll love this. especially if you make a batch of the optional fennel salt. num!
5) my birthday a-comin’. no matter that i’m older and the like, i just like my birthday and will till the last, i think.
6) going to see some trees this week
7) daisies in march
8) brad making homemade chicken soup when i’m feeling craptastic
10) a glimmer of warmer days. can temperature glimmer?
11) practicing my speech on our posse of stuffed animals. they don’t fidget or fuss or heckle. they also don’t laugh, though, so they’re tough.